Friday, January 1, 2010

Things that are new and good

1. Josh and I found a counselor and went to our first session. He seems wonderful. He also told us he thinks we're doing okay--but that through this process we can get better and healthier, which is exactly what we're hoping to do. I'm glad we didn't wait 7 years before dealing with these things (the average time a couple waits from the time things get difficult to the time they seek help).
2. I took down the Christmas decorations and I am now in the process of finding places for all of our new stuff from Ikea, antique stores, and The Unified Groove Merchant (most awesome store in Spokane). Our apartment is starting to feel like a home that reflects who we are.
3. Beethoven's 9th Symphony is beautiful. Well...that's not new--it's been around for a couple hundred years. But we went to hear it last night at the Fox and it was gorgeous, and perfectly appropriate for welcoming a new year.
4. I was sick the last few days, which wasn't fun, but it did give me two days off work, which means I essentially have a 5 day weekend. And I'm feeling well enough now that I can be productive and enjoy being home.
5. I'm not making any resolutions this year, because I feel like I'm already working on several things in my life and I don't need to add more to the list.

Lists help me organize my mind. So there you have it. Happy new year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment