Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall in Spokane

October is my favorite month to live in Spokane, by far. Today is October 1st and so far the month hasn't let me down; today's high was 58 degrees, I am wearing my favorite scarf, and I bought a cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks (not that I haven't been doing that all summer in hopes that it might bring the fall weather a little earlier...).

Tomorrow I'm going to spend the whole day cooking and baking, and it's going to be glorious. I'm usually not too crazy about cooking, but my love for fall tends to make me a little obsessive about all things homey. I've been knitting and I also have this burning desire to sew things and set the table for dinner with candles and pretty napkins. Anyway, I intend to take advantage of my weekend by making the most delicious butternut squash bisque ever, and tons of zucchini bread. I bought a gigantic zucchini at Green Bluff this weekend (also very fall-ish; we had pumpkin donuts and apple cider and rode the Fruit Loop Express), so I could very seriously spend the entire day baking and cooking, just to use it up. I'm not kidding. It's the size of one of Josh's calves.

In other news, I have lost 13 pounds in the past month, and i feel awesome. For the first time in almost a year, I actually feel attractive. I've still got another 12 pounds to go before I reach my goal, but I already feel a million times better than I did. My current goal is to look awesome in my maid--er, matron--of honor dress for Jamie's wedding in a little over a week.

That's it for now. Making small steps toward being a regular blogger.

1 comment:

  1. i have a new blog that you should read. i'm having fun with it. :)

    twomaplekeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete