Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Letting loose" my way

When it comes down to it, I tend to overanalyze most parts of my life, including this blog. I get myself all worked up about what I'm going to say and how I'm going to say it, and how it could never possibly be as profound and unique as my dear friend Jessica's blog (among others). However, I've had a pretty large beer, so I'm going to take this opportunity to spill whatever I'm thinking, in the hopes that I might be less uptight about this thing in the future.
Here are my thoughts:

1. I like lists--especially ones with numbers. They help me make sense of things. I've never been good with grey areas, and I guess transitioning between thoughts might fall into that category. Numbers do the transitioning for you.
2. I am so incredibly blessed to have the friends that I do. In the next 8 months, I get to be a bridesmaid in the weddings of two of my most wonderful longtime friends; plus, for my birthday I get to spend a weekend in Portland with 3 of the people I love most in the world. I especially love that I've reached a point with each of them where I know we'll be friends for the rest of our lives, even when life gets busy and we don't call each other as often as we should.
3. I'm not good at letting go. I want to be perfect--I want every word coming out of my mouth to be the right word, to be the best at everything I do, to be profound and funny at the same time, to have total control of my life at all times. I am learning that not only is this impossible, but it's really not helping me be a healthier person. Working on that.
4. I am not very creative, but I surround myself with creative people. I love my friends who have few inhibitions, who create art, who say things they shouldn't, who do random things on a whim...even though I may not always understand or choose to participate.

That's it for tonight. I think Josh accidentally fell asleep on the couch, so i should probably get ready for bed. It's almost 1:30 A.M. anyway. I promise to come back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Delynn! I love your blog. And we do need to talk. But... it's okay if we forget because we'll always be friends! I love you and I can't wait for you to come to Portland.

    ReplyDelete